Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Teach and Retire Rich


Bringing back an older post which I find most important. I always try to remind all our 1st Year Teachers to get their 403b plans started immediately!

Teach and Retire Rich 

To most educators this title may sound like an oxymoron. However, there is a very real way of retiring from this rewarding profession and living very comfortably. I have noted a book to read below entitled "Teach and Retire Rich" which I thought had some great ideas on how to help you with this process.

I am sending out this information because I was surprised to find out that many of our staff do not know as much about our Tax sheltered 403b plans or how they work as I thought.

Most people who know me may laugh that I am even attempting to write about anything financial. However, I am just passing it on some great guidance I was given over a decade ago from a colleague who was near retiring.

No matter how small your contribution may be it could really pay off in the long run.

I would recommend looking into this forum to ask questions on 403b's and finding out what is best for you:

http://www.403bwise.com/

I have also read this book and it gave me some great ideas on how to go about this process (you can find it for next to nothing at amazon.com):

http://www.teachandretirerich.com/contents/index.html

Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment